Adding ringtones is one of the most useful ways to personalize your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus when you have switched from the old iPhone. The way to add ringtones to iPhone 8and iPhone 8 Plus for most iPhone users is relying on iTunes to make and sync the ringtones to iPhone, which is rather complex for newbies. In this post, we will offer you an iTunes alternative, EaseUS MobiMover Free, the unique totally free iPhone data transfer software to add ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in an easier way than ever. What's more, the detailed guide to adding ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus by using iTunes is offered in the second part. Check the index of this post and you can link to the most interesting part as you like. How to download music for free.
Where to download iPhone 8/8 Plus ringtones
Before you can add ringtones to your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus with or without iTunes, you need to prepare and download ringtones to your computer. We list the top five iPhone 8/8 Plus ringtones download websites for you to choose as many favorite ringtones as you like.
1. zedge.net: contains a large amount of free and cool ringtones in classical, country, rock and so on.
2. mob.org: provides a way to look for the ringtones in a list of genres or artists.
3. mobilesringtones.com: gives a wide range of ringtones to listen to online before downloading.
4. freetone.org: listen to popular ringtones and download them to PC for free.
5. mobcup.net: offers a lot of excellent, high-quality ringtones in MP3 and M4R formats.
These five websites give you a wide range of ringtones from which you can choose without paying a penny. You can listen online and download your favorite ringtones by downloading them to the computer, sending them to mail or scanning a QR code.
As none of these websites allow for downloading ringtones on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus directly, you have to use a third-party iPhone data transfer tool to help you to add them to your iPhone 8/8 Plus. And the EaseUS MobiMover Free, as demonstrated below, is available to you. Read on to check the details.
Add ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus without iTunes
EaseUS MobiMover Free makes it easy to add ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus without iTunes. Since you have downloaded the ringtones to your computer from the five websites we recommended, now let's start to transfer these ringtones to your iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. MobiMover Free also supports transferring other files from PC to iPhone, like add photos from SD card to iPhone, put music to iPhone without iTunes, transfer MKV files to iPhone without converting, download eBooks to iPhone with ease, etc. What's more, MobiMover has provided the video downloading functions since the 4.0 version. You can save any video from any website through just copying and pasting from URL, like download 1080P videos from YouYube.
Click the button below to safely install EaseUS MobiMover on your computer and then follow the guide to add ringtones to your iPhone 8/8 Plus at no cost. (Please also install iTunes on your computer only for data access, which is inevitable if you want to use a third-party iPhone transfer tool.)
Step 1: Connect your iPhone 8/8 Plus to your computer with a USB cable. Tap Trust This Computer to continue if a prompt asks. Run EaseUS MobiMover Free > click your iPhone device (like EaseUS1 here) > Audio.
Step 2: Choose Ringtones, and then click the Transfer to This Device button since you want to download ringtones to your iPhone 8/8 Plus from the computer. If you're going to transfer ringtones from iPhone/iPad to iPhone 8/8 Plus, you can use the Transfer to Other Device feature to get things done.
Step 3: Now you need to select the ringtones (M4A/M4R files) you'd like to copy from computer to your iPhone 8. After that, click Open and MobiMover will start adding ringtones to your iPhone 8/8 Plus from the computer. When it has finished, go to Settings on your iPhone, then tap Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone to change ringtone on your iPhone.
And when the transfer process is done, open your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, go to "Settings" > "Sound & Haptics" > "Ringtone" to check the added ringtones. If you are also using old iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, read the post to learn how to add ringtones to iPhone 7 or 7 Plus to customize the ringtones.
Add ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with iTunes
If you haven't prepared any ready-made ringtones on your computer, you can use iTunes to make and add ringtones to iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus, which is more complicated than by using MobiMover Free. And there are 10 steps in total for adding ringtones to iPhone 8/8 Plus with iTunes. Check each one carefully:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes on your computer. Then, connect your iPhone 8/8 Plus to the computer. If you are unlucky and find that iPhone 8 not showing up on Windows 10, fix it soon.
2. Run iTunes and click "iTunes music library" to choose the song you want to use as a ringtone.
3. Right-click the song and choose "Get Info".
4. Click "Options" to set the ringtone volume and the start and stop times. When it is done, click "OK".
NOTE: Before setting the start and stop times of the song, you need to first make sure which part of the song you want to use as a ringtone and remember the start and stop times, accurate to the seconds.
5. Right-click the song again and choose "Create AAC Version". Then, you will see the original song and the segment of the song you chose in step 4 appear in the iTunes library.
6. Right-click the song segment and choose "Show in Finder".
7. Rename the extension of the song segment from.m4a to.m4r to use it as a ringtone on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
8. Copy the newly made.m4r music file to your local computer. Then go back to iTunes and delete the song segment.
Mp3 download in
9. Click "Music" to display it in iTunes, and copy the.m4r file from local to "Music".
10. Go back to the iTunes main screen, and click the iPhone device button within iTunes, go to "Tones", and you will see "Sync Tones", choose "Selected tones", click "Sync" and choose "Apply" to add ringtones to iPhone 8.
Related Articles - ALSO ON EaseUS SOFTWARE